From: Simon [mailto:shchao(--nospam--at)umich.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2003 12:58 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: CBC CODE SR VALUE

What I am aware of is that Vsc = V (SR) (CBC 31A-1?)

Vsc is the design base shear. This seems different from the design base
shear used in UBC Code. I am asking this because I am gonna redesign a
building which was originally designed by the CBC Code. However, I am
not
familiar with this Code and I need to figure out what's the design base
shear used before as per CBC.

Can you be a little more specific as to where in the CBC you are coming
across this term or what you are trying to do with it?

-gerard
Santa Clara, CA