RE: CBC CODE SR VALUE

Are you implying that someone from outsite of California is not qualified
enough to design a DSA project and therefore should not do so?  If so,
then it would appear that you have a rather lofty impression of California
structural engineers when compared with the rest of the country,
especially since the laws of physics don't change when you cross the state
border into Oregon or other states out West that have virtually a similar
problem when it comes to seismic design.

FWIW, I suspect that he is a graduate student at the University of
Michigan that is working on his PhD research/dissertation, and it includes
doing some "practical" stuff including something like taking an existing
building and analyzing it with the new fangled do-hickey/method and
comparing with the theoretical performance of the existing building
without the modification.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI