Addition to geodesic dome

I am checking an addition to a geodesic dome.  The engineer indicates he
kept all aspects of the design separate from the existing GD.  However,
there are no isolation joints so I cannot justify his statement.  The shape
of the addition is not geodesic, but it is irregular.  The addition has out
of plane shear walls and I would like to ask if anyone has experience to
share on the analysis of additions like this?  Thanks in advance for your
time.   On another note...thanks to the engineers who did inquire about the
plan review engineer position we have available...hopefully we can get one
of them to move up here!

Martin K. Schwan
Assistant Plan Review Engineer
Development Services Department
Building Services Division
Anchorage, Alaska
907-343-7982
schwanmk(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us
www.muni.org/building