Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
crane / curved beam[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: crane / curved beam
- From: "Bülent Deveci" <bulentdeveci(--nospam--at)turk.net>
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:36:59 +0200
The best, easiest and safest way in dealing with a curved steel beam is to use a box section. Note that the governing internal force for a curved beam will be the torsion.
It is nearly impossible to obtain an acceptable stress or displacement value in curved configuration by using a "I" shape section only.
Note also that using a box section enables you to deal with out of plane reactions such as seismic or bracking forces.
Internet'e Turk Nokta Net'in ISDN hizmeti ile bağlanın, hızınızı ikiye katlayın!
- Prev by Subject: Re: crane / curved beam
- Next by Subject: crane / curved beam
- Previous by thread: RE: crane / curved beam
- Next by thread: crane / curved beam