Weld Coefficients

Gentlemen,
I am checking a connection design using the ASD manual page 4-73 "Alternate
Method 2".  The second paragraph defines Cmax as the "maximum concentric weld
coefficient", and gives an example of .928(1+2k) and indicates it is for a C-
weld.  I'm not sure where this comes from or how to determine the coefficient
for other weld configurations.

Any help?
Joseph Grill, PE