Moment Connections to Column Web

I am reviewing a pile of shop drawings for a fabricator.  Unfortunately, all the steel has been
erected.  There are some beams with moment connections which connect into the column web.  The
detailer failed to provide column web stiffeners, so I am trying to determine at what magnitude
of moment will stiffeners be required for the web.  The idea is to minimize, as much as possible,
the field work for the fabricator.  My only reference that sort of refers to this situation is
Akbar Tamboli's book on connections (p.78) in which he covers a diagonal bracing-beam connection
into a column web and uses yield line theory to analyze the web.  Has anybody run across this
problem or know of a reference on this subject.

thanks,
Gary Hodgson, P.Eng.
Niagara Falls, ON