Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Compression ring bracing roof rafter for 8-sided slope roof with vaulted ...[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Compression ring bracing roof rafter for 8-sided slope roof with vaulted ...
- From: EphHirsch(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:05:30 EST
First of all, it's a tension ring (at the perimeter) and not really a "ring," but 8 sided (as you describe it) with resulting vector components to be handled at each corner. (A compression ring would occur at the apex if there were an oculus, or if not, then comprsssion forces would have to be transmitted across the peak connection, also any shear forces due to unbalanced loading.) Be careful in detailing this and in the construction fabrication, and DON'T FORGET that this ring cannot ever be cut or damaged without "severe" consequences. HTH.
Ephraim G. Hirsch, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Commonest Grades for Steel Sections
- Next by Subject: Compression ring bracing roof rafter for 8-sided slope roof with vaulted ceiling (gazebo)
- Previous by thread: Re: Welding of Rebars
- Next by thread: Temporary shoring safety factor