Re: IBC 2000 - 200 lbs point load for non-exposed truss bottom chord

Bao,

It sounds like the kind of load that I generally apply to any accessible structure, whether it is in the Code or not, except I generally use 300 lbs just because there are some heavy folks who may need to get into the attic: for example, a plumber, or a structural engineer who may need to understand the structure when the next owner wants to remodel.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net