Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Temporary shoring safety factor[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "'seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org'" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Temporary shoring safety factor
- From: Paul Crocker <paulc(--nospam--at)ckcps.com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:53:27 -0800
ASCE 37-02 offers some suggestions for construction loads and load cases; it could be worth checking out. In general, though, you don't get many reductions for short duration. For dead load, particularly, is there any reason to think that 10 kips for 3 weeks is less critical than 10 kips for 3 years? Things like wind and seismic can sometimes be rationalized down with the idea that the odds of a full code level design event of either in a short time frame is very small, but this doesn't apply to DL which doesn't change.
Paul Crocker, PE, SE
- Prev by Subject: Temporary shoring safety factor
- Next by Subject: test
- Previous by thread: Temporary shoring safety factor
- Next by thread: looking for astm A31 Rivets?