Analysis of a dome

Title: Analysis of a dome

Hello,

I am in the process of designing a headwall at the end of a tunnel.  The wall will have no reinforcement.  Although cracking will occur at the tensile face, the wall will be thick enough so that it acts as a dome.

I need to do some calculations to show that the wall will work, however I don't want to use FEM software.  Are there any quick method of doing this calculations?

I thought of taking sections and using a truss with 3 hinges, but that may be too simple.

Thanks,
John Yao

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
addressed. If you are NOT the intended recipient or the person responsible
for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.