Re: Engineering Software

I have used an older version of it before. I liked it initially, but the problem - it did not have 4x4 size for columns. The smallest was 6x6. Database is editable though. When I manually changed 6x6 (5.5x5.5) to 4x4 (3.5x3.5), in the input box, the program still treated the column as "Timber/Post". I did not know this until I finished the whole building. Same thing with beams - it did not have 4x as beams, smallest was 6x.

Now I rearely use it. I use spreadsheets and hand calcs, so I know exactly what I am doing. Lately, I have been using RISA to obtain moments and shear when spans/loadings are complicated, and do the rest by hand.

I do not know how much they have improved it now. HTH

 VerneK(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Hi all,
I'm thinking of purchasing the "Woodworks" software for designing residential
types of projects.  Does anyone have any experience with this software?
Is there any others out there that might be better?  Would appreciate your
inputs.   Thanks
Verne

Do you Yahoo!?