Re: Shoring Design

Bill,

Download the "Trenching and Shoring Manual" at the following web site:

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/construction/Manuals/TrenchingandShoring/TrenchingandShoring.htm

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Bill Allen" <T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net>

01/20/2003 08:57 AM
Please respond to seaint

        To:        <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        Shoring Design

For as long as I've been in practice, I've been advised (E&O carriers
and others) to avoid shoring design. I'm curious as to why this is,
particularly if conventional engineering principles are utilized. Your
comments would be most welcomed.

In that regard, are there any "state of the practice" design
publications for shoring design?

TIA,

Bill Allen, SE (CA #2607)

*   http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp