From: Bill Allen [mailto:T.W.Allen(--nospam--at)cox.net]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 10:58 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Shoring Design

For as long as I've been in practice, I've been advised (E&O carriers
and others) to avoid shoring design. I'm curious as to why this is,
particularly if conventional engineering principles are utilized. Your
comments would be most welcomed.

In that regard, are there any "state of the practice" design
publications for shoring design?

TIA,

Bill Allen, SE (CA #2607)