web doubler to column flange weld

I have a couple questions concerning web doubler-to-column flange welds:

1. I am looking at AISC's Design Guide Series 13 page 31 and would like to know when a bevel would be required for the CJP groove-weld detail.

2. This same detail refers to Table 9-1 in the LRFD Manual.  I have the 1st and 3rd editions, but Tables 9-1 of these editions do not deal with fillet encroachment.  Can someone tell me if this is in the 3rd edition somewhere?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates