Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Historic Structure Retrofit in CA

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Title: Historic Structure Retrofit in CA
Depending on the size of the project, I would look into using FEMA 356 (the "new" 273), although you may need to verify that the building department would accept this type of analysis.
Mark Pemberton, P.E.
-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard Madden, PE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)
Subject: Historic Structure Retrofit in CA

Can someone tell me what the latest/most current applicable code is for retrofit of a historic wood framed structure in California?

I know the UCBC is used for URM retrofits and I'm wondering if there is 1) a newer version than the 97 version (I think that's the year it came out) and 2) if it contains provisions for wood framed structures.



Santa Clara, CA