RE: Historic Structure Retrofit in CA

Gerard,

You also need to find out how the project is being funded.  If it is being funded by FEMA then they will want the design to be in accordance with FEMA 356 as stated below.  I have this situation right now and conducted a meeting with the building official who luckily accepted this as the design criteria.  They said they would sub out the plan check to a company familiar with FEMA 356 and as long as we have correctly followed the procedures then they will accept it.  Depending on the type of project you are looking at and whether you are part of a larger design team I can tell you the bigger problems may be with the "Access Compliance" issues.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

Mark Pemberton <Mark.Pemberton(--nospam--at)lbdg.com>

01/21/2003 03:49 PM
Please respond to seaint