Testing Structural Damping in Pipes

List,

Please could anyone advise on the following problem:

We are trying to test the structural damping in steel, coated pipe:
8" ID, 35 mm WT with of 50 - 80 mm of insulation.

The procedure that is suggested now, is to do a pluck test
by holding the pipe vertically say from a crane and measure the decay.

However this will result in obtaining the result for relatively high
frequencies, comparing to the one we are interested in (around 0.13Hz).

If anybody could comment on how to obtain the structural damping for such a
low frequency and also what are other methods for testing the structural
damping, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks is advance,

Mat Podskarbi
2H Offshore Inc,
Houston, TX