From: Pat Symons
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 1:32 PM
Subject: RE: Cast-in-place Box Culvert Analysis and Design

Doug

Look at detail numbers D80 thru D86A

-----Original Message-----
From: THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com [mailto:THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 8:07 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

Doug,

You can access CALTRANS standards at the following web site.  Look for the box culvert drawings then look at the notes very carefully.  They will have some design parameters or will refer you to another drawing for this information.  I might also note that for the box culvert drawings (single and double) you need to study the rebar details very carefully as they can be very confusing if you have never used them before.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/esc/oe/project_plans/HTM/stdplns-dual-new02.htm

ASTM used to have several standards for precast box culverts but they have been withdrawn.  They also had some good details and design notes.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Doug Parker" <dparker10(--nospam--at)austin.rr.com>

01/21/2003 02:01 PM
Please respond to seaint