There is the Uniform Code for Building Conservation by ICBO which is pretty good. I have the '91 edition.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:49:46 -0800 Mark Pemberton <Mark.Pemberton(--nospam--at)lbdg.com> writes:
Gerard,
Depending on the size of the project, I would look into using FEMA 356 (the "new" 273), although you may need to verify that the building department would accept this type of analysis.

Mark Pemberton, P.E.
-----Original Message-----
From: Gerard Madden, PE [mailto:gmadden(--nospam--at)attbi.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Historic Structure Retrofit in CA

Can someone tell me what the latest/most current applicable code is for retrofit of a historic wood framed structure in California?

I know the UCBC is used for URM retrofits and I'm wondering if there is 1) a newer version than the 97 version (I think that's the year it came out) and 2) if it contains provisions for wood framed structures.

Thanks,

-gerard

Santa Clara, CA