RE: Post-Tension Software

PT Data (www.post-tensioning.com) is fairly easy to use for that kind of application.  It is fairly limited when it comes to special cases and unusual details, but a plain-vanilla long span parking garage does not typically have many such conditions.  The positive side of not having lots of options allowing special conditions is that you don't have to spend time to learn about and then scroll through and ignore those options when you don't have those conditions.

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

 -----Original Message-----
From: Jake Watson [mailto:jwatson(--nospam--at)utahisp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 7:57 AM
To: Structural Engineering Association International
Subject: Post-Tension Software

I can't tell if this went through the first time, so I am trying it again.

Opinion poll time.

    We currently are using Posten to design prestressed concrete.  In the near future we will be doing two parking garages.  While Posten works, it is a little painful to use.  What is your favorite software for designing prestressed slabs and girders?

Respectfully,

Jake Watson, P.E.
Salt Lake City, UT