Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
FBC 2001 1804.4[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: FBC 2001 1804.4
- From: "Scott Bernard" <sbernard(--nospam--at)jcengineers.com>
- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:46:20 -0600
I am currently working on a footing system for a building in Florida using the FBC 2001 using 1804.4 for Footing design.
I have determined the location that has the largest LL/TL ratio and from that wall line I determined the corresponding DL pressure that the remaining footers should be designed by.
Unfortunately when I use the required minimum footing width prescribed by the soils report, I end up with a DL soil bearing pressure 50% less than the DL pressure prescribed by the FBC 2001.
Before I go any further and get myself into trouble, I was curious if anyone else has seen this scenario and if so, what have you done?
may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend,
- Prev by Subject: RE: Factory Mutual 1-60 wind
- Next by Subject: re: federal building codes
- Previous by thread: Re: Steel connections
- Next by thread: Box Culvert Design