FBC 2001 1804.4

Good Afternoon,

I am currently working on a footing system for a building in Florida using the FBC 2001 using 1804.4 for Footing design.

I have determined the location that has the largest LL/TL ratio and from that wall line I determined the corresponding DL pressure that the remaining footers should be designed by.

Unfortunately when I use the required minimum footing width prescribed by the soils report, I end up with a DL soil bearing pressure 50% less than the DL pressure prescribed by the FBC 2001.

Before I go any further and get myself into trouble, I was curious if anyone else has seen this scenario and if so, what have you done?

Best Regards,

Scott

Scott C. Bernard
E-mail:
sbernard(--nospam--at)jcengineers.com
E-mail 2: scottcbernard(--nospam--at)hotmail.com

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend,
to the death, your right to say it."  - Voltaire