Re: steep pitched roof diaphragms and sloped shear wall top chords

As Nels mentioned, attaching sloped roof diaphragms to shear walls with
sloping top chords requires special consideration.  This topic is covered in
Appendix B of my upcoming "Wood-frame Shear Wall Construction Guide," which
the ICBO expects to publish later this year.  I can e-mail interested
parties a PDF of the Appendix.  Send me an e-mail with the subject line,
"Send Appendix B".

For more information on the Guide, visit www.shearwalls.com

Thor Matteson, SE  (the "other"  Thor...or are there even more?)