Re: Bullet-proof concrete

You should probably speak with someone at the US Army Corps of Engineers. I have heard of various techniques used for live fire areas. In a practical range with a city setting they are sometimes using foamed or lightweight concrete so that the bullets penetrate the concrete and don't ricochet during live fire.

I have also heard about techniques used to spread the impact or absorb it, minimizing damage. These techniques include a sacrificial layer of some material or a material (such as fibers) that can spread the impact.

These may not be techniques you are looking for, but I think they are interesting, nonetheless.

Jay Shilstone