Cement Board Shear Wall

I have a contractor who wants to use cement type board for exterior
sheathing in a wood framed house.  The cement board will be a base for a
2.5" thick stone veneer and for dryvit type stucco.  I have not used
cement board before.  Does it have shear strength for shear walls.  I
would think it does but I don't know how it compares to plywood.  Anybody
use it before that could give me some insight?  Any good web sites I can
find information at?

Thanks.

Rich

Only $9.95 per month!