Cement Board Shear Wall

Rich,

Do a Google search on "dryvit."  (Not part of your subject concern, but more
important.)

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Rich Lewis wrote:

. > I have a contractor who wants to use cement type board for exterior
. > sheathing in a wood framed house.  The cement board will be a base for a
. > 2.5" thick stone veneer and for dryvit type stucco.  I have not used
. > cement board before.  Does it have shear strength for shear walls.  I
. > would think it does but I don't know how it compares to plywood.  Anybody
. > use it before that could give me some insight?  Any good web sites I can
. > find information at?