Re: Cement Board Shear Wall

Hardipanel has been tested for shearwalls and has an approved test report NER-405. I would note that it these were montonic tests only. You might try COLA or CUREE for cyclic testing if seismic is an issue for your project (let me know if you find anything).
Chuck Utzman,P.E.

richard lewis wrote:

I have a contractor who wants to use cement type board for exterior
sheathing in a wood framed house.  The cement board will be a base for a
2.5" thick stone veneer and for dryvit type stucco.  I have not used
cement board before.  Does it have shear strength for shear walls.  I
would think it does but I don't know how it compares to plywood.  Anybody
use it before that could give me some insight?  Any good web sites I can
find information at?

Thanks.

Rich