Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Box Culvert Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Re: Box Culvert Design
- From: "Anand Pandey" <anand_pandey(--nospam--at)mantraonline.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:50:42 +0530
As per my experience on box culverts on few Highway projects and references consulted during the process, it is to be done in following ways.
1. Earth Pressure at rest Ko should be considered in place of normal active earth pressure Ka for Bridge Abutments.
2. The Members should be considered as slab.
3. The effective width of slab for individual live loads should be estimated by Grillage analogy / effective width method.
4. The analysis may be carried out using simple moment distribution method or by using any analysis program with spring constants at base slab as per Bowel's Book on foundation.
Hope the above provide some help.
Bridge / structural enginner
- Prev by Subject: Re: Box Culvert Design
- Next by Subject: Brace Connection Moment from Eccentricity
- Previous by thread: Re: Box Culvert Design
- Next by thread: Dual Systems