Re: Fw: Plywood Folded Plate Design

Thanks.  Tom already mailed me to say that they will try to make it accessible on line.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2003 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Plywood Folded Plate Design

Thor,

I had a copy of APA Report 121 on folded plate design (e.g. pitched roof diaphragm design method), which replaced the older version which you referenced. I did not take a copy with me when I retired from APA, and I'm not certain that I could copy it since it was copyrighted.  However, I'm lobbying APA's Technical Services Division to make copies available, which maybe they will do by an Internet downloadable version. It is a valuable reference as a design method for pitched roof diaphragms, which also can be adapted to conventional pitched roof framing designs (e.g. trusses or rafters) with engineering judgement.
John Rose
APA (retired)
Tacoma, WA

vicpeng wrote:

To John Rose John. I asked APA if they had a recent copy of the APA Laboratory Bulletin 58-B, "Plywood Folded Plate Design Method" mentioned in the recent thread. It's now out of print, and Roger Turk, who has an earlier copy, has suggested you may have recent copy that you may be able to copy to me. Is that possible? Thanks.
Thor A Tandy  P.Eng, MIPENZ
Victoria BC
Canada
e-mail: vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net