RE: Bullet-proof concrete

One possible source is "Fundamentals of Protective Design" TM 5-855-1,
Department of the Army, July 1965.  The Navy also has similar design guides
but I don't have a name.  ACI or PCA may also have information.

                      "Eric Green"
                      <EGreen@walterpmo        To:       <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
                      ore.com>                 cc:
                                               Fax to:
                      01/24/03 08:13 AM        Subject:  RE: Bullet-proof concrete
                      Please respond to
                      seaint

According to FM 5-103 ? Survivability (pg. 3-11), 6" of reinforced concrete
is required to resist a direct hit by a 7.62 mm bullet at 100 meter range
(FYI, its 30 inches for those pesky RPG-7s).

P.S. Please kill yourself if you are not cleared for this information :-)

Eric Green
Walter P Moore