From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, January 27, 2003 10:04 AM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: PVC deterioration

Occasionally, there are literature references to the fact that PVC pipes, duct, etc. in concrete may degrade and release chloride ions, which in turn can be harmful to reinforcing steel.

Is anyone aware of any research or published papers that  have actually looked at this issue and what conditions it is likely to occur under?

Gail S. Kelley