Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 23:38
Subject: Re: lintel

Vlad,

I generally overcut the opening 8" at the head and jambs, install adhesive anchors into the adjacent masonry projecting into the 8" space all sides.   You can also install rebar adhesive anchors into the footing for dowels.  Then install grouted reinforced 8" concrete block masonry jambs and lintel, embedding the anchors and dowels.

Nels Roselund
Structural Engineer
South San Gabriel, CA
njineer(--nospam--at)att.net