Re: Pocket PC

To all:

Recently, there was a thread on Pocket PC. I have been thinking of buying one but have not been able to decide. I would like some input based on your experience. The things I am debating about are:

1. The pocket PC cost is in the $500 range compared to a laptop currently available at $800 range. Of course, the pocket PC has the advantage in size, but is that a good enough reason? 2. What can you do with a pocket PC - in terms of engineering activites. I have seen the highend handhelds that can do word and excel. However, with the limitation of the screen size, is this something you use? Can one use a excel spreadsheet for design efficiently on the Pocket PC and high end palm tops? 3. I know the use will vary from person to person. But for a typical consulting structural engineer, is is worth spending the $500. I do have plam handheld that I use as a glorified calender (dates, phones, etc.)- but other than that , I see little use (so far, anyway).

I would apprecite your comments and any recommendations.

Gautam