Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
short double angles[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: short double angles
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:19:31 -0500
We have quite a few fairly short (3'+-) double angles to detail and are being questioned regarding using two intermediate connectors. It seems to me that according to AISC, we have to have them, but it certainly does look excessive. Am I missing some loophole that I should know about that would tell me that I don't need to use two intermediate connectors? I am looking at the LRFD 3rd edition and they indicate a minimum of two intermediate connectors for all lengths (the tables go down to 2').
Thanks in advance for your help.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067-9039
Phone: (610) 262-6345
Fax: (610) 262-8188
- Prev by Subject: Re: Shoring Design
- Next by Subject: FW: short double angles
- Previous by thread: TEST
- Next by thread: FW: short double angles