Re: Soil Lateral Loading

I might be misunderstanding something, but from what I recall hydrostatic
pressure (i.e. equivalent fluid pressure) is NOT constant with depth.  The
soil density (or water density in the case of 62.4) IS constant with
depth, but the lateral pressure either from water or soil will vary with
depth.  I KNOW that fluid pressure based upon the water density of 62.4
DOES vary with depth...this is why there is a "crush depth" for
submarines...the deeper you go in the ocean the more pressure the
submarine depth must sustain until it crushes like an aluminum can under
my foot.

HTH,

Scott
Ypsilanti, MI