RE: Reinforcing existing steel members

>Judging from this reply, Chris, I think you will like the 2005 AISC unified
>specification.
Sorry Charlie--couldn't resist. I really do agree with what you said
whole heartedly: structures behave the way they always have. Mother
Nature doesn't give a hoot in hell what bugger factors we use or how much
we need to save effort or money--if we don't follow her rules, we get
rapped on the knuckles.

Do you know if there are plans afoot to incorporate the new AISC Rules
into the ASME Nuclear Code? And are you aware of any parallel efforts on
the part of the aluminum association to update their structural code in
the same way?

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw