Retaining Wall Seismic II

For those of you who do not know what a "Retsining" wall is, I am re-sending this message with the correct spelling for "retaining" wall. Thanks to James Lutz, who basically confirmed the below values, (unfortunately). Any other comments re. the following:

I assume all engineers in California are now designing to the 2001 CBC since that code was adopted November 1st by most, if not all, jurisdictions. Has anyone complied with sec. 1611A.6 and 1630A1.1, paragraph 5 re. earthquake forces on retaining walls??

I am presently designing a building with 12.5 feet of retained earth on 3 sides. The soils engineer has given me seismic horizontal earth forces of 69(HxH) #/ft for restrained walls and 27(HxH) #/ft for cantilevered walls, in addition to the EFP. These formulas produce forces on the walls, and
building, which are impractical, (impossible?), to design to. Any comments?

Larry Hauer, S.E.