Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Load Bearing Concrete Walls[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Load Bearing Concrete Walls
- From: "Bülent Deveci" <bulentdeveci(--nospam--at)turk.net>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:26:36 +0200
You can find the design an/or concept difference between column and wall type elements
in "Seismic Design and Retrofit of Bridges" written by Priestly et al.
To my understanding, there is no tie requirements in walls at weak direction due to the ultimate state concept. As for strong direction, ties have to be used to prevent longitudinal rebar buckling.
For more information refer to the abovementioned book.
Internet'e Turk Nokta Net'in ISDN hizmeti ile bağlanın, hızınızı ikiye katlayın!
- Prev by Subject: RE: Load Bearing Concrete Walls
- Next by Subject: RE: Load Bearing Concrete Walls
- Previous by thread: RE: Load Bearing Concrete Walls
- Next by thread: test