RE: Author: John E. Englekirk

I personally would recommend the book, especially to those that are
familiar with his steel book.  He also teaches at UCSD once a year and I
had the privilege of taking his graduate concrete course last year.  The
drafts from his upcoming book proved to be very similar in theory as his
other works.  Furthermore, the book by Paulay and Preistley (Seismic Design
of RC and Masonry Buildings) was the text for that class.  Another great
book, as Mr. Feather indicated.

FWIW, he goes by "Bob".

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           "Dave Adams"    |
|         |           <davea@laneengin|
|         |           eers.com>       |
|         |                           |
|         |           02/04/2003 04:27|
|         |           PM              |
|         |           Please respond  |
|         |           to seaint       |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                |
  |        To:      <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>                                                                            |
  |        cc:                                                                                                     |
  |        Subject: RE: Author: John E. Englekirk                                                                  |

Mike,

You're right - here's the link where I learned about "John Englekirk":

http://www.addall.com/Browse/Detail/0471081221.html

The correct author is Robert ... that would explain my puzzled reaction
when I discovered that Mr. Englekirk not only knew about concrete, but
that he is an authority in Spanish-American literature!?

Would you recommend Robert's work?

Thanks,
Dave