Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 09:13:49 EST
AISC does in fact have a number of interesting documents on fire tests available on their web site; in general they note it is necessary to do things like break windows and open doors to provide ventilation so the fires can grown.
My understanding of the code requirements for parking structures is that the limits are more liberal for open parking structures because it is possible to fight the fire from outside with a ladder truck.
This is also the reason for limitations and requirements such as maximum distance from an opening.
Gail S. Kelley
- Prev by Subject: RE: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- Next by Subject: Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- Previous by thread: RE: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- Next by thread: Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997