Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:22:17 EST
Yes, flash-over is discussed in the Decmber 2002 article in Modern Steel Construction.
My question is: what actually is the basis for the code-distingtion between requirements for open versus enclosed parking garages? There seem to be a variety of opinions.
In general, it seems that in new construction, fire resistance requirements are handled by the architect, as part of the site development plan. My experience, at least, is that the individual responsible for doing this simply copies from another set of drawings and specs. I am not sure they would have any idea of where to start looking for Code requirements.
Gail S. Kelley
- Prev by Subject: Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- Next by Subject: fire resistance ratings
- Previous by thread: Re: FW: Fire ratings to UBC 1997
- Next by thread: Retsining Wall Seismic