Single Plate Connections

I am looking at an existing building, built in the 60's which utilizes single plate shear connections. The typical detailing falls in line with the current AISC criteria, except for one thing. Some of the connections specify A325 bolts, but others are specified with A307. Looking at AISC Manual and at Astaneh-Asl's paper, it appears there is no discussion of A307 anywhere. Aside from the obvious bolt shear difference, what are the implications of using A307? Is there a potential change in some limit state? Will the expected bolt hole deformation happen and how much ductility is lost if it doesn't? My thought, at this point, is that there isn't any substantial difference. Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Eric Ober
Cagley and Associates