Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Single Plate Connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Single Plate Connections
- From: Eric Ober <eric(--nospam--at)cagley.com>
- Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:36:12 -0500
Thanks for the lead. I'll check it out.
Eldon Strasheim wrote:
Eric;with the current AISC criteria, except for one thing. Some of the connections specify A325 bolts, but others are specified with A307.Check out an article in AISC's 'Engineering Journal' 4th quarter 1982, "Design of Single Plate Framing Connections with A307 Bolts" by Ralph M Richard. (I think the Engineering Journals are available thru AISC's web site.) It is an extension of the testing and procedures he came up a year or so earlier for the shear tab design using A325 bolts. That may give you some insight into the performance of the shear tab using A307 bolts. -es
- Prev by Subject: Single Plate Connections
- Next by Subject: Site soil report response spectra and API 650 Appendix E
- Previous by thread: Single Plate Connections
- Next by thread: 2002 Accumulative Supplement to IBC