Re: Single Plate Connections

Thanks for the lead.  I'll check it out.

Eldon Strasheim wrote:
Eric;

with the current AISC criteria, except for one thing.  Some of the
connections specify A325 bolts, but others are specified with A307.

Check out an article in AISC's 'Engineering Journal' 4th
quarter 1982, "Design of Single Plate Framing Connections
with A307 Bolts" by Ralph M Richard.

(I think the Engineering Journals are available thru AISC's
web site.)

It is an extension of the testing and procedures he came up a
year or so earlier for the shear tab design using A325 bolts.

That may give you some insight into the performance of the
shear tab using A307 bolts.

-es