From: Pat Clark [mailto:bcinc(--nospam--at)nanosecond.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 06, 2003 3:41 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: lag screw and bolt values for steel to wood connections

Has any one processed the yield mode equations to determine the values of either bolts or lag bolts from HSS to wood?  Assuming the shank of the bolt/lag is embedded in the HSS with tight holes, some of the failure modes should drop out.  I am trying to get larger than single shear values for a braced frame tied to a GLB drag strut....

Pat Clark