Re: Registered Agent in SC

Ken,
I've never heard of such a thing, although the best way to check it out
is to call or email the board. The only thing I saw on the laws posted
on the board's web site was a requirement (pasted below) that the firm
actually have an engineer registered in SC. Check out the board web site
here:

http://www.llr.state.sc.us/POL/Engineers/

Rick Burch
Columbia, SC

(3) No firm shall engage in the practice of engineering or land
surveying within South Carolina unless one or more persons in full
authority and responsible charge of
such work be licensed to practice in South Carolina. Persons in full
authority and responsible charge shall mean regularly employed persons
in unrestricted, unchecked,
and unqualified command of, and legally accountable for the actions of
such practice. Failure to maintain on file in the office of the Board at
all times the name,
registration certificate number and written evidence of authority of the
individual in full authority and responsible charge within the subject
corporation, professional
corporation, partnership or firm shall constitute a violation of these
regulations, punishable by sanction up to and including revocation of
the Certificate of Authorization
and right to practice in South Carolina by the organization.