Beam crack at support

Hi,

I would appreciate feedback on the following problem. I was called to inspect a reinforced concrete beam which exhibited a crack at the support. The structure is composed of r/c columns, beams and in situ slabs.
Within the slabs there are occasional non-structural cracks running parallel to the main reinforcement.

The reported crack is hairline - less than 1mm in width, and it runs diagonally from the face of the column at mid-depth of the beam, to the underside of the slab. Therefore the crack is present in the upper half of the beam cross-section. The beam is 21" by 16" in cross-section and has a span of 20 feet. The floor loading above the beam should be well below its capacity.

Could this be a structural shear crack even though it does not start from the bottom of the beam cross-section? What kind of repair do you suggest?

Thanks
Andrew Mifsud