Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: Registered Agent in SC

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Registered agents are proxies for non-residents.  The secretary of state for
each state keeps a list of who (real people and or proxies) represents each
corporate type of entity doing business within their state.  Usually the
entity files reports annually regarding who are the directors and officers
of the entity.  The registered agent gets the notice that the report is due,
forwards it to the business to complete.

If someone wants to sue the entity they can serve the registered agent; if
the state wants to let a business know anything they can mail it to the
registered agent. North Carolina sends me a notice every year that if I have
any unclaimed funds n I have to give them to NC. (like a bank with a dormant
account or in my case, maybe an overpayment that I have been unable to
return to a client, or an insurance company that can't find a beneficiary to
pay them)

Certificates of Authority are "permission" from the state to operate your
business within the state.  It is handy to make sure your business pays all
the taxes and fees that might be due for the privilege of operating in the

Check out "Corporation Service Company"

Jan Harris
Liberty Engineering, PC
Virginia Beach, VA

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********