Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
ASCE 7, Wind Loads on Outside Piping[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: ASCE 7, Wind Loads on Outside Piping
- From: "Jay Zadeh" <phpkzadeh(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 06:32:45 -0800
I have never used this spec. and have a few stpuid questions as follows;
A. section 6.4.2 requires to calculate appropriate pressure or force coefficients per provisions of 6.7.
B. Section 6.7 says look at Figs 6-3 thru 6-8 for pressure coefficients & table 6-4 thru 6-8 for force coefficients (include gust factor).
1. For outside piping should we use both pressure & force coefficients? If yes, then the pressure coefficients are not defined in Fig. 6-3 thru 6-8 for outside "non structure" piping. My guess is that we should only use the force coef. per table 6-7. Which leads me to believe that we only need to calculate the forece on the system per expressions given in table 6-1.
2. Table 6-1 if the fundamental frequency of the system is <1 Hz, then to calculate force on a pipiing system we also need to calculate Gf (the gust factor) by rational analysis. What they mean by rational analysis? How is that done?
Thanks in advance,
- Prev by Subject: Arizona engineer
- Next by Subject: ASCE7-98 Online Wind Speed Map
- Previous by thread: RE: Granite Artwork
- Next by thread: RE: Sloped Roof Diaphragm Discussion