Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
TS column embedded in cmu wall[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: TS column embedded in cmu wall
- From: "Dennis Pradere" <dpradere(--nospam--at)mlaengineering.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 08:15:41 -0800
I am designing a TS column to cantilever from the top of a cmu wall. The column will be embedded in a cmu vertical cell down to the foundation where it will be attached with a baseplate. A TS5x5 (which I need for my design) should fit into the cell of an 8" cmu block but that doesn't leave much room for grout around the column.
Also, for ease of construction, I am thinking of allowing the mason to build the wall around the column without a face shell and then attaching the face shell later.
I would be interested in anybody's experiences with each of the above and their recommendations.
- Prev by Subject: RE: TS Bm Web Buckling
- Next by Subject: Re: TS column embedded in cmu wall
- Previous by thread: Re: Sloped Roof Diaphragm Discussion/ APA wish list
- Next by thread: Re: TS column embedded in cmu wall