RE: natural frequency of an antenna mounted on a 5 foot pole

You need to know the vortex shedding characteristics of your antenna system. This will usually required actual testing of the system.

Eric Green

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Mabry [mailto:tmabry(--nospam--at)skypilot.com]
Sent: Friday, February 07, 2003 12:08 PM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: natural frequency of an antenna mounted on a 5 foot pole

How do I determine what is safe in terms of natural frequency for equipment mounted on poles.

I just did the calculations for an antenna mounted on a 6 foot pole( mounted on roof), the natural frequency is about 4 Hz, and how do I determine if this is ok at 90mph wind speed.

Tom Mabry

Senior Mechanical Engineer

SkyPilot Networks

1301 Shoreway Road # 211