Grade 40 #8 rebar

ASTM A615 states that Grade 40 rebar is only available in #3 to #6.

I have a contractor (in a remote island in the Pacific, US specifications,
but possibly foreign supply) who is insisting that the #8 rebar for their
new project is Grade 40. Anyone ever heard of #8 Grade 40 rebar?

TIA

Mark Geoghegan
Honolulu, HI